We will hold one of the first stage tests of the Annual International Microelectronics (ME) Olympiad of Armenia organized by Synopsys Armenia for the 8th time this year.
This will be the first time Turkey participates in this international contest. Synopsys (one of the industry sponsors of this conference) flies the winner to Armenia on October 14, 2013 for two days. The final of the competition is on October 15. Even though we are holding the Turkey leg of this competition, it is ok if the winner is not from Turkey. Below is the invitation we sent to students coming to VLSI-SoC 2013 in Istanbul and students in the vicinity of Istanbul. We offered a free day-pass to the conference if a student was willing to take this first stage test. The test will be held on October 7 between 6-8 pm at Novotel Istanbul. The test contains 30 multiple-choice questions in all walks of ME. At the very bottom of this page, you will see a list of people that signed up for the test. Note that you are not required to be a student to qualify for this competition’s first stage. You just need to be less than 30 years of age.
Please email me (the General Chair of VLSI-SoC 2013) your intent to take the test until October 6 midnight. I can be reached at fatih atsign ugurdag.com.
The invitation message:
Dear such and such,
The largest Synopsys site outside the US with 500+ people, Synopsys
Armenia, is organizing the 8th Annual International Microelectronics
Olympiad of Armenia on October 15th. Participating countries organize
qualifier rounds and Synopsys flies the winner of each qualifier to
Armenia free of charge and also covers accommodation.
We will hold a qualifier (a written test) at VLSI-SoC Conference in
Istanbul between 6-8 pm on October 7, Monday. The winner will
be announced on October 9, Wednesday, at the closing of the
conference. Synopsys will fly you (the winner) to Armenia from your
country so that you get there October 14 and leave on the 16th. The
final is on the 15th.
The Olympiad web site is at:
Last year’s qualifier test can be accessed through the link at the
bottom of the above URL or directly at:
Please email me if you want to participate in the qualifier test on October 7th, Monday.
Dr. H. Fatih Ugurdag
General Chair, VLSI-SoC 2013
The name of people that signed up so far are below. If you think you signed up but your name is not here, please email me and/or just show at the test location. We will hold the test in Room Marmara III at 6 pm. Just come there at 5:50 pm.
1. Gracieli Posser, UFRGS, Brazil
2. Sreehari Veeramachaneni, Birla Inst. of Tech., India
3. Syed Ershad Ahmed, Birla Inst. of Tech., India
4. Kosuke Oshima, University of Tokyo, Japan
5. Nilay Tüfek, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
6. Hasan Ünlü, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
7. V. Emre Levent, Yıldız Technical University, Turkey
8. Feyyaz Melih Akçakaya, Bosphorus University, Turkey
9. Sina Parsnejad, Bosphorus University, Turkey (originally from Iran)
10. Mehmet İnce, Bosphorus University, Turkey
11. Furkan Şahin, Özyeğin University and Vestel-Vestek, Turkey
12. Ahmet Kakacak, Özyeğin University and Vestel-Vestek, Turkey
13. Waqas Hussain, Özyeğin University, Turkey (originally from Pakistan)
14. Anıl Bayram, Bahçeşehir University and CMOS Vision, Turkey
15. Abdullah Yıldız, Yeditepe University, Turkey
1. Mehmet İnce, Bosphorus University, Turkey
2. Hasan Ünlü, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
3. Sina Parsnejad, Bosphorus University, Turkey